Tuesday, March 22, 2011

learning...

I am having a great time in my speech class!!! CRAZY to think, since I hate to speak or teach. I love to research the topics for my speeches. I did one on Stonehenge and now I am doing one with my group, we all have the decades 1900-1919, and my topic is Health and Medicine (go figure that I picked that one;-) I feel like I have learned so much and on top of that I am getting better and more comfortable with speaking. That will help with teaching also.

In my research I found some pictures to share during my speech (I will make transparencies). Some of the pictures of the diseases from then are pretty icky. I also have some of some new equipment like the stethoscope, laryngscope, hypodermic syringe, and anesthesia machine. I found some really neat WWI propaganda posters though...and want to share some of them here.


It really just blows my mind how much I am enjoying going back to school...after I was so glad to be done when I got my Bachelor's degree. I know that I am doing what I need to so I can provide for my children as a single momma. Even with the school loans it will all be pay off in the end...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for my sister to be a nurse...I have A LOT of health problems that I'm gonna need you to look at :)

    ReplyDelete