Wednesday, July 7, 2010

returned a hundredfold...

I have been to Joshua Tree a few times and I have never seen this!!!! Next time I go my visit will not be complete until I see this. When ever I go to the beach I always have to find a heart shaped rock, I have a collection of them. I am not sure how I started that, but it is something I MUST do each time I go to the beach. I guess I just love heart shaped rocks.

I have started reading a book by Emily Freeman titled The Promise of Enough. It is a great book and tonight while I was reading I came to a couple of things that really struck a chord with me.

First...Emily is telling of something she has learned "Often it is only after I have taken time to remember God's greatness and His ability to work wonders in my life that I finally find the peace I am looking for." I am always looking for peace, weather it be because my children are continuously making noise or I am looking for inner peace...I always search for it.

Second...Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin explains, "The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude." I have cried many tears over the last year, most of them over men...UGH! I am over one and getting over the other. This last one I thought was "the one", what an amazing man! With this promise that Elder Wirthlin reminds us of I am looking forward to my return a hundredfold, and to be that return for someone.

I am going to be very vague because not all that read this will understand and really I am the only one that needs to...I got something back last night that means so much to me. I have been without it for some time now and I was kinda lost without it. I have one more thing to do and then I can use this thing I got back. What a great day that is going to be for me...

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think that my tear ducts worked this early in the morning. Apparently, they do! You continue to amaze me. I strive to be as strong as you. I would LOVE to borrow that book when you are done, please and thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete