Sunday, July 25, 2010

peace be unto thy soul...

I had one thing on my mind all day and it made me sad. I realized today that I lost more than I originally thought. Every now and then my mind returns to what could have been and those are my "hard" times, I do just fine otherwise. I have become like a sponge and soak up all that I can to help me get through and give me strength. In a talk that was given today something really struck me. We are told that we are not given anything and we do not have strength enough to handle (did I say that right? Well I know what I mean). The speaker then said that we sometimes ask why we have been given so much strength. I am at that point right now. I feel like things are being thrown at me left and right, I try to duck but they still hit me. At the same time I have learned to have faith in my Father in Heaven and know that these things are happening for a reason and I try and find a lesson in all things, and learn from it.

Something has come to mind and it gives me comfort.
My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; Thou art not yet as Job; if fierce winds become thine enemy; and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
I have said for quite some time now that I am thankful for all the trials that I have had. They surely have made me the woman that I am today. My faith has grown tremendously, I know what I want and what I have to do to get it. Along with faith my strength has also increased, I will not settle for anything less than what I want for my future and for my children.

I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father who loves me and wants the best for me, and I know that I am worth the best...

1 comment:

  1. Sniffle, sniffle...you do deserve the best. Even Job was blessed above everything that he lost.

    ReplyDelete