Saturday, July 31, 2010

moved in all things...

Friday Titan, Odessa, Emelie, and I went to Carthage and Nauvoo to see the pageant. What a great day it was! I was going to go with just my children and enjoy that special time with them, but I felt I needed to invite Emelie to go with us. I am so glad that I did, she has become such a great and amazing friend.
My little family with Joseph and Hyrum


Emelie and I with Joseph and Hyrum


Bullet holes in the door


I little rainbow to make our day




Some games of stick pull






Some arm wrestling


Purty sunset










Some pics of the pageant








The Beautiful Nauvoo Temple


The moon behind some clouds

I had such a great day. I love to laugh and have fun and joke about so many things. On days like this one it is hard not to feel the spirit of those that lived so long ago and the trials they had to face believing what they did. I can't even imagine how it must have been for them leaving their homes and the Temple to make the trek across the plains, losing loved ones all along the way. I know that the trials I have today are not easier then those of the pioneers, but the great faith the pioneers had gives me just a bit more faith to endure to the end.

The other night I was thinking about my past and the things I want for my future and these words came to me... The sun will rise even if behind the clouds. They give me comfort in the trials that I face, even when I can't see it there is always a reason to smile and be happy.

Love life and enjoy opportunities to learn and grow...

5 comments:

  1. Have you thought about writing an inspirational book? I imagine myself walking on the treadmill at 3.0 miles an hour for 1/2 an hour, reading your book and feeling uplifted for the rest of the day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Odessa: ihjbio mjibo vhjbivbmjivnjbi nivibnvui nbi nb. I think that means she likes auntie lolo's comments also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey cheryl.....like that you have a blog!! we will be blog buddies now! YEAH!!!! nice pics....looks like a fun day, gotta love Navoo! can't wait til emelie's big day! can i ride back with you two....don't leave me out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as long as you can put up with all our craziness. You know that my sis Lori will be with us...but I would love to have you join us. The more the merrier. :)

    ReplyDelete