Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home


I was blessed to be able to drive my father's car up to Minnesota this week. My poor truck needs work and I was not sure that it would make the trip and dad kinda offered his car. I posted on fb about listening to country music while riding with my dad, but I am guessing that it must be the car and country music and not just riding with my dad. I got this Carrie Underwood CD for mother's day and listened to it a few times since then but I actually wanted to listen to it on my trip here. I love Carrie and her songs really touch some part of me, deep down inside. I could have picked any one of the songs, but this one really hits me. This is just my temporary home on my way to where i'm going. I just need to see that I am always on the correct path back to my home. These windows and rooms that I pass through don't need to bring me down or stop me in my path. I'm not afraid because I know this is my temporary home.

Little boy, 6 years old  
A little too used to bein' alone  
Another new mom and dad,another school  
Another house that'll never be home  
When people ask him how he likes this place  
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face  
 
"This is my Temporary Home  
It's not where I belong  
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through  
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going  
I'm not afraid because I know this is my  
Temporary Home."  
 
Young mom on her own  
She needs a little help got nowhere to go  
She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out  
Because a half-way house will never be a home  
At night she whispers to her baby girl  
Someday we'll find a place here in this world  
 
"This is our temporary home  
It's not where we belong  
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through  
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going  
I'm not afraid because I know this is our  
Temporary Home."  
Old man, hospital bed  
The room is filled with people he loves  
And he whispers don't cry for me  
I'll see you all someday  
He looks up and says "I can see God's face"  
 
"This is my temporary Home  
It's not where I belong  
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through  
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going  
I'm not afraid because I know this was  
My temporary home."  
 
This is our temporary home 

No comments:

Post a Comment