Wednesday, June 23, 2010

just one more...

My last post was about chapters from my past and this one is also. When I am really into a book and it is late I will see how long the next chapter is before I start reading it. I always say to myself "just one more".



Years ago there was a guy that I was really attracted to. I was married at the time and wanted nothing more than to have my husband join the church that I go to. My attraction to this man was nothing more than "oh he is cute". Things happened and we both moved away. Years later (last year) I was going through a divorce and I saw this man at church?! I knew he had been married and was excited to see that he didn't have a wedding ring on. Sparing you details, we ended up going out and after our first date we were inseparable. I fell head over heels for this man. Everything was moving so fast, it was all a blur. I felt like it was a dream I didn't want to wake up from. Having been attracted to him so long ago and now we were in a relationship.



Well just as history has shown me nothing good lasts and this too came to an end. Once again I was devastated and heart broken, but what could I do? So, I put on my big girl panties and pushed ahead. I accept responsibility for my faults and I know I have many, but they seem to be too much to handle for the men in my past. I thought this one was different but I was wrong :( This chapter was short, fun, and full of excitement and emotions. The best kind of chapter if you ask me. It was well worth the "just one more" time and I will never forget it... A lyric comes to mind when I think of ending the chapter "I'm done, over and out my dear".



So life continues on and I keep my inkwell full and my quill close at hand, ready for future chapters to be written. I can't complain, life is fabulous and getting better everyday...

1 comment:

  1. I admire your courage and ability to take what you have experienced...learn from it, better yourself because of it, and then move on ;)

    ReplyDelete